Whilst finalising preparations for our first Hormone Balancing Day Retreat next Tuesday, we thought we’d share with you our top hormone balancing foods that are abundant at this time of year. Food that’s in season is likely to be tastier, fresher and cheaper too! We’re also proud to makers of pure, pesticide free organic blends, so where possible choose organic.
- Anti-inflammatory foods for painful periods: add turmeric (with added black pepper to aid absorption) to your curries, tagines, smoothies – as a warming, anti inflammatory tonic.
- Seasonal veg also contains the anti-inflammatory Omega 3 – cauliflower, linseeds, Brussel sprouts, cherries.
- Phytoestroegns to help balance low oestrogen levels during peri-menopause – fennel, cabbage, broccoli, kale, horseradish.
- Liver support, our hormone moderator: beetroots, celeriac.
- Detoxification of oestrogens especially helped by the Brassica family, plentiful at Autumn – cauliflower, kale, broccoli, kohlrabi, chard.
- Gut balance to help get excess oestrogen out of the body: stewed apples with cinnamon, garlic.
- Lowered immunity due to drop in oestrogen mid cycle: peppers, blackberries, sorrel, spinach.